The Sacred Heart Home & School Association (HSA) is comprised of volunteer school parents who contribute their time, talent and treasures to reach our yearly fundraising goals in support of the education of our children at Sacred Heart Catholic School.
Our purpose is to facilitate good communication and community between parents, school and church, to foster a positive atmosphere for our school community, and to devise and facilitate projects to help financially support our children’s activities and our school. Home and School also sponsors many events during the year to promote community and togetherness with parents, students and teachers.
In order to ease the financial burdens faced by the school, the Home and School Association pledges to raise $ 20,000.00 for the 2016/2017 school year. This money helps keep tuition down fund scholastic programs, advanced technology, and scholarships. This can be done only through your support of Home and School fundraising events and your cooperation in the Service Hour Program.
All parents of Sacred Heart students are members of the Home and School Association, which meets five times yearly to facilitate communication and cooperation between home and school. Parents are required to attend these five meetings.
Diocesan Safe Environment Training
Per regulation from the Diocese of St. Petersburg and for the safety of our children, anyone entrusted with the care, responsibility, and or supervision of children, youth, or vulnerable adults or who wants unsupervised access to these vulnerable populations MUST successfully complete a Level 2 FBI/Florida Department of Law Enforcement background check receive Safe Environment Training through the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
Click here for instructions.
Sacred Heart 5K!
Save the Date for January 28th, 2016! - Parent Volunteer Hours Available!
Dates to Remember 2016-17
- August 8 - Classroom Visits 3pm-6pm
- Aug 10 - First Day of School
- Sept 1st - Class Meetings 6-7:30pm
- Sept 5 - Labor Day, No School
- Sep 10 - Parent Teacher Class meetings 5:30-7:30pm
- Sept 30 - Life Touch Fall Pictures / Home and School Astro Skate Outing
- October 2 - Picture Day
- October 12 -16 - Fall Festival
- October 20 - Noon Dismissal Parent-Teacher Conferences 12pm-7pm
- October 21 - No School - School In-Service
- November 4 - Life Touch Picture Retakes
- November 11 - Veteran's Day, No School
- November 21-258 - Thanksgiving Break, No School
- December 4 - Santa's Breakfast
- December 6-9 - Santa's Workshop
- December 15 - Christmas Program 6pm
- December 19-January 3 - Christmas Break, No School
- January 3 - School Resumes
- January 16 - MLK Day No School
- Jan 20 - Home and School Astro Skate Outing!
- Jan 26 - Home and School Meeting
- Jan 27 - Noon Dismissal
- Jan 29 - New Family Open House
- Jan 29 - Feb 3 - Catholic Schools Week
- Feb 3 - Grandparents' Day
- Feb 7 - No School, Teacher Meeting
- Feb 20 - No School, Presidents' Day
- March 1- Ash Wednesday
- March 17 - Noon Dismissal, Walk-a-thon
- March 30 - Parent Conferences 4pm-7pm
- March 30-April 2 - Spring Festival
- March 31 - Noon Dismissal, Parent Conferences 1pm-4pm
- April 13 - Noon Dimissal, Holy Thursday
- April 14 - Good Friday, No School
- April 17-21 Easter Break, No School
- April 29 - Casino Night
- May 1-5 - Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 10 - Muffins for Mom
- May 19 - 8th Grade Graduation
- May 30 - Home and School Astro Skate Outing!
- May 31 - Last Day School of School! - Hurricance Make-ups
Service Hour Agreement
At the time of registration each parent agrees to give twenty (20) hours of service (40 for a husband and wife) to the Home and School Association by May 15th of each school year.
These Forty (40)/twenty (20) hours include:
- Twelve (12) hours per household at the annual fall and/or spring festivals
- Two (2) hours per parent for the yearly auction
- Six (6) additional hours.
In addition,every household is required to sell two tickets to the school auction.
The Home and School Association will maintain records of all qualified service hours.
It is the parent's responsibility to submit service hours either by signing-in and signing-out at a particular event or by coordinating the number of hours served through the chairman of the event.
Notice of all volunteer hours served will be provided to each family at the end of the school year. During the month of May, the Home and School Association will submit a list to the Principal of the names of any families who have not completed their required hours and the number of hours owed by each family. Each parent will be billed $25.00 per hour for the unfulfilled hours.
Each class has one or two volunteer parents who will assist the teachers for special projects. Teachers direct the activities of the homeroom parent.
We encourage you to volunteer as a homeroom parent!
Home and School Board Members
Carmen Chooquan - President
Connie Capco - Vice President
Phyllis Steele - Secretary
Cecilia Acevedo - Treasurer
Interested in becoming a board member next year? Talk to Ms. Boyle for more information on how to join the Home and School Board.